Senior Applications Developer - Java
- Full Time
- Chennai, India
- Level: Varies
Senior Applications Developer - JavaApply
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position provides input, support, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
- Performs systems analysis and design.
- Designs and develops moderate to highly complex applications.
- Develops application documentation.
- Produces integration builds.
- Performs maintenance and support.
- Supports emerging technologies and products.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience with Java, Spring Boot, Restful Web Service Client/Server Development, HTTP Protocol and Java Servlet Architecture, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Web Application Performance Testing, JMeter, Cucumber, OpenShift, Azure DevOps Server, Jenkins CI/CD Pipeline, and AMQ
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle database,
- Knowledge of Code Quality Inspection Tools, Dependency Management Systems and Software Vulnerability Detection and Remediation
- Familiarity with Agile Development and Sprint Ceremonies
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right skill level. (1 Beginner – 10 Expert)
- Communicator 10
- Focused 8
- Independent 9
- Open-minded 8
- Problem-solver 9
- Team player 10
You’ll Do Each Day
- Collaborate with teammates across two time zones in a timely manner.
- Work closely to develop innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience.
- Build the products that power our industry-leading Smart Logistics Network, UPS Airlines, UPS Global Transportation operations, Healthcare Solutions, and Supply Chain Solutions.
- Use your programming languages and software development to complete successful projects that lead to the success of UPS.
Be Part of a Global Team
Join UPS and be part of an international network that’s active in over 220 countries and territories. Write your own name in a success story that has gone global.
- $100.3 Billion in revenue in 2022
- 24.3 Million Packages and Documents Average Daily Volume
- 500,000+ Global Employees
- 1,800 Operating facilities worldwide
A lot goes into ensuring the efficient distribution of our goods, services and information. Future You thrives in our busy environment, moving and sorting packages for our customers.
Take Your Career to the Next Level
As an Applications Developer at UPS, you can grow in new and exciting ways with two main paths to choose from — Technical and Managerial. Plus, you can always explore additional technical opportunities in our Data Science and Cyber Security fields.
Technical leads to Developer.Managerial leads to Developer.
Developer leads to Senior Developer.Developer leads to Senior Developer.
Senior Developer leads to Architect/Lead Developer.Senior Developer leads to Applications Development Manager.
Architect/Lead Developer leads to Principal Architect/Distinguished Engineer.Applications Development Manager leads to Director.
Principal Architect/Distinguished Engineer ends this branch.Director ends this branch.
Get Rewarded for All You Do
Paid Time Off
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Get Job Alerts
If you can't find the opportunity you are looking for right now, come and join our Talent Network. Sign up to Job Alerts to receive emails on new job openings and exclusive career opportunity updates.
You Belong at UPS
We are better together. We are stronger united. We are UPS.Learn More(links to Life at UPS page)
UPS is honoured to earn this prestigious distinction.Read More about Fortune World's Most Admired Companies distinction. (Opens in new window)