Lead Applications Developer (Location - Chennai)Primary Location: CHENNAI, India Job ID R23001817
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Moving our world forward by delivering what matters! UPS is a company with a proud past and an even brighter future. Our values define us. Our culture differentiates us. Our strategy drives us. At UPS we are customer first, people led and innovation driven. UPS’s India based Technology Development Centers will bring UPS one step closer to creating a global technology workforce that will help accelerate our digital journey and help us engineer technology solutions that drastically improve our competitive advantage in the field of Logistics.
‘Future You’ grows as a visible and valued Technology professional with UPS, driving us towards an exciting tomorrow. As a global Technology organization we can put serious resources behind your development. If you are solutions orientated, UPS Technology is the place for you. ‘Future You’ delivers ground-breaking solutions to some of the biggest logistics challenges around the globe. You’ll take technology to unimaginable places and really make a difference for UPS and our customers.
This position provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. He/She guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. He/She provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. This position leads junior team members with project related activities and tasks. He/She guides and influences department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
- Leads systems analysis and design.
- Leads design and development of applications.
- Develops and ensures creation of application documents.
- Defines and produces integration builds.
- Monitors emerging technology trends.
- Leads maintenance and support.
• Expert level with .NET programming language
• Expert level with Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Expert level with unit testing, performance testing, and integration testing
• Advanced understanding of data structures, programming logic, and design
• Advanced understanding of application design patterns
• Embrace CI/CD and code automation
• Experience leading an Agile/Scrum Team
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to Detail
• Desire to lead and mentor less experienced teammates
• No SQL / Document Databases (Couchbase)
• Messaging (Active MQ)
• Application Containerization (Kubernetes, Red Hat Open Shift)
• Experience with public cloud (e.g., Google, Azure)
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Desire to influence technical roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will work.View the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.