Applications Development Manager (Chennai)Primary Location: CHENNAI, India Job ID R23002537
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Moving our world forward by delivering what matters! UPS is a company with a proud past and an even brighter future. Our values define us. Our culture differentiates us. Our strategy drives us. At UPS we are customer first, people led and innovation driven. UPS’s India based Technology Development Centers will bring UPS one step closer to creating a global technology workforce that will help accelerate our digital journey and help us engineer technology solutions that drastically improve our competitive advantage in the field of Logistics.
‘Future You’ grows as a visible and valued Technology professional with UPS, driving us towards an exciting tomorrow. As a global Technology organization we can put serious resources behind your development. If you are solutions orientated, UPS Technology is the place for you. ‘Future You’ delivers ground-breaking solutions to some of the biggest logistics challenges around the globe. You’ll take technology to unimaginable places and really make a difference for UPS and our customers.
This position leads the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. He/She is involved in full systems life cycle management (i.e., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, and implementation of systems and applications software) delivered on time and within budget. This position participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. He/She develops and leads AD project plans and integrations and collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies. This position is responsible for the work of others, resource allocations, and decision-making affecting the success of assigned projects (i.e., results, deadlines, and budget). He/She provides consultation, training, and subject matter expertise for applications’ development, maintenance, and support.
- Manages Information Systems projects.
- Manages system analysis and design.
- Manages design and development of applications.
- Manages creation of application documentation.
- Guides system integration.
- Manages applications' maintenance and support.
- Evaluates and monitors emerging technologies and products.
- Manages and develops others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or International equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Technical Experience, 8+ Years, with Java and SQL languages
- Managerial Experience leading team, 8+ staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management skills, including agile and waterfall projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will work.View the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.